|Biomed||Labs||Poop Analysis||Treatments||Testimonials||Etiology (Cause)||Links||Acronyms|
Macrophages are white blood cells within tissues. Macrophages support both non-specific defense (innate immunity) as well as to help initiate specific defense mechanisms (adaptive immunity) of vertebrate animals. Their role is to phagocytose (engulf and then digest) cellular debris and pathogens either as stationary or as mobile cells, and to stimulate lymphocytes and other immune cells to respond to the pathogen.
Macrophage Activation and MAF
Macrophage activation is mediated by a certain protein-based activating factor known as GcMAF (glycoprotein Macrophage Activating Factor).
The GcMAF.eu web site states the following:
- "In its role of immune system regulator, research shows GcMAF can reverse other diseases that attack the immune system like Autism, CFS, XMRV, Lyme disease, Aids, HIV, Fibromyalgia (all of which we've begun to have success with ourselves), osteoporosis, Hodgkin’s, Lupus, MS, Parkinson’s, various bacterial and viral infections and various types of Immune dysfunction."
Concept for Chronic Disease
Nagalase is effectively blinding the immune system.
- Infected cells in autism might be secreting alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase (alpha-NaGalase). High levels of Nagalase are known to cause Gc protein to deglycosate.
Gc-MAF IM Injections
- GcMAF is a protein, and as such the absorption of intact chemical GcMAF through the adult gut is unlikely.
Because of this, chemical GcMAF has to be administered through sublingual, intramuscular or intravenous routes with obvious risks and discomfort.
MAF 314 Yogurt
- "If properly incubated with a type of milk rich in Gc protein, bacteria will produce huge amount of natural GcMAF"
- "Roughly speaking, one daily dose of MAF 314 is equivalent to 200 weekly doses of chemical GcMAF." 
- Naturally-produced GcMAF in MAF 314 bypasses the problems associated with administration of chemical GcMAF
Evidence In Autism
Bradstreet M.D. has reported favorable observations to treatment of a young girl with autism who has shown high levels of nagalase activity in her blood. The nagalase levels have dropped dramatically with GcMAF treatments.
Evidence In Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Patients With GcMAF Rapidly Eradicates Cancerous Cells 
The treatment is 100ng (nanograms of GcMAF) in an injection once a week for 20 weeks with the possibility of another course back to back.
tests are given to measure:
- IL-8 ,
- C4A Serum and
- Perforin levels
Note, renal failure can be induced with @300ng dosage
- GcMAF - treatment for cancer, aids and immune diseases - http://www.gcmaf.eu
- GcMAF Clinical Trials - Bahamas: http://immunemedicine.com/available-therapies/gcmaf/
- Gc-MAF: Miracle Cancer Treatment or Snake Oil? - http://madvilletimes.blogspot.com/2008/12/gc-maf-miracle-cancer-treatment-or.html
- gc-globulin (group-specific component) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_D-binding_protein
- Published patient trials are available here
- NaGalase Testing - http://www.bgli.nl/
- Macrophages of Mucosa-Associated Lymphoid Tissue (MALT) as key elements of the immune response to Vitamin D binding protein-macrophage activating factor (GcMAF)
- GcMAF studies presented at IACFS/ME meetings in Ottawa
- http://www.cfscentral.com/2011/01/who-responds-to-drug-gcmaf.html - debate about who responds to GcMAF
- http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/250-gcmaf-log - journal from person using GcMAF therapy
- Immunotherapy of HIV-infected patients with Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor (GcMAF). online: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jmv.21376/pdf
- Immunotherapy for Prostate Cancer with Gc Protein-Derived Macrophage-Activating Factor, GcMAF.
- Immunotherapy of metastatic breast cancer patients with vitamin D-binding protein-derived macrophage activating factor (GcMAF). 
- Effects of vitamin D(3)-binding protein-derived macrophage activating factor (GcMAF) on angiogenesis. 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://www.gcmaf.org?
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.news-medical.net/health/What-is-a-Macrophage.aspx
- ↑ http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/
- ↑ J Med Virol. 2009 Jan;81(1):16-26.; Immunotherapy of HIV-infected patients with Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor (GcMAF); Yamamoto N, Ushijima N, Koga Y.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 http://www.marcoruggiero.org/pdf/Oct%2022.pdf
- ↑ http://drbradstreet.org/2011/11/13/sorting-out-the-function-of-the-vitamin-d-receptor-vdr-also-known-as-gcmaf/
- ↑ Treatment of Cancer Patients With Vitamin D-Binding Protein-derived Macrophage Activating Factor (GcMAF) Rapidly Eradicates Cancerous Cells; Journal of Immunotherapy: November/December 2006 - Volume 29 - Issue 6 - pp 677-678 doi: 10.1097/01.cji.0000211343.73588.59; Abstracts: New Agents in Targeted Therapies
- ↑ West Nile Virus survivors (http://www.dailystrength.org/groups/westnilevirussurvivors/discussions/messages/11548439)
- ↑ MALT refers to the diffuse system of small concentrations of lymphoid tissue found in various sites of the body such as the gastrointestinal tract, thyroid, breast, lung, salivary glands, eye, and skin. MALT is populated by loose clusters of T-lymphocytes, B-lymphocytes, plasma cells, activated Th cells, and macrophages (see http://faculty.ccbcmd.edu/courses/bio141/lecguide/unit5/intro/lymphoid/lymphoid.html)
- ↑ Yamamoto N, Ushijima N, Koga Y.; J Med Virol. 2009 Jan;81(1):16-26.
- ↑ Yamamoto N, Suyama H, Yamamoto N.; Transl Oncol. 2008 Jul;1(2):65-72.
- ↑ Yamamoto N, Suyama H, Yamamoto N, Ushijima N.; Int J Cancer. 2008 Jan 15;122(2):461-7.
- ↑ Kanda S, Mochizuki Y, Miyata Y, Kanetake H, Yamamoto N. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2002 Sep 4;94(17):1311-9. http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/94/17/1311.long